|Call to order:||Vice-President Julie P called the meeting to order at 20:20 on Tuesday 17 Feb. 2009 at the home of G. Nordley.|
- Nothing tor eport
- We have some money
- Annual report and tax receipts in progress.
- We are still having difficulties getting records from Wells Fargo
- State waiting for financial data, we’re waiting for WF.
- Nothing new
- Kevin Bollinger brought old patent for cleaning up peroxide. EDTA (chelation agent) in resins filters peroxide, works at room temperature.
- Dan asked if we should buy or make peroxide?
- Swedish source would have high shipping costs, but we may be able to piggy-back on a bigger order.
- XL Space Systems is back in business. We can buy from them, presumably.
- Dan: If something happens to Chuck, what happens?
- Site owned by corporation, but not much action.
- Chuck handles paperwork.
- Kevin mentioned that ERPS should probably be contributing to cost of storage permits, etc.
- Treasurer agreed we could do this
- Still need design and plan of action for Blockhouse
- Mike Wallis mentioned grant possibility for new engine development.
- Dan is still designing a bi-prop engine.
- Kevin: showed example of a heat sink engine with up to 10 sec run time using hypergolic ignition.
- Kevin read off several possible propellant combinations.
- This was followed by a discussion on both liquid and solid catalysts.
- Kevin has made some progress on “LEVER” vehicle – 8′ tall without cone.
State of Peroxide
State of the Ranch
State of Engines
State of Vehicles
- AST meetings, Space Access coming up.
- SA is the same dates as CONTACT this year, so GDN will not be attending
- Ed brought up the idea of a room party at BayCon this year.
- The SiliCon party was generally thought to be non-productive.
Many discussions were held after the formal meeting.
Kevin promised he would test the patent for cleaning peroxide discussed last meting and report back to the group – hopefully at March meeting, but no later than April meeting.