|Attending:||Dan S., Julie P, Michael W|
|Call to Order:||8:30 p.m., July 9th, 2007|
- Dan is looking to get the patent information from Kevin that had been mentioned at the last meeting.
- Julie mentioned that she had had success using the Google Patent Search engine in finding pipe organ patents from the 1920ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s. They had been OCR scanned so there were many typoÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s but she had found them by searching based on location.
[[ Note: A quick search found hundreds of patents related to hydrogen peroxide production. ]]
- It was also mentioned that the Sunnyvale Library has a good selection of patents on microfiche.
- Dan mentioned that some peroxide might be available through Team SpeedUp, a competitor for the Lunar lander Challenge at the X Prize Cup this year.
- This led to a discussion of the various competitors and peopleÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s thoughts on their chances.
- No report as no one has been there in the last month.
- Dan talked about his plans for the Spike engine and vehicle.
- He has talked with the folks at BoJoÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s about using their lathe and mill for the fabrication.
- There are power issues with the equipment at Unit 24 that make them unusable.
- Michael has not heard back from Eric Wilner about the TechShop options. He will try to contact him again.
- BoJo has a 3 axis CNC machine that should be a good match for our needs.
- Because most tech shops use SolidWorks, Dan is learning to use the program but can do 2D drawings for parts he can machine himself.
- A discussion of DanÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s proposed 10ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â x 6ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ Aluminum tanks followed, include details and ideas for filament winding.
- Dan will research commercial filament winding options and hopefully will present a report next meeting.
- Dan asked about getting a copy of RockSim to be used by the club (particularly Spike team) for refining design criteria.
- Dan then gave a detailed description of vehicle components which he requested be off the record.
- There was discussion of recruiting new members at Silicon.
- Michael mentioned that he had talked to Pam Rice (Programming Head) at SiliCon and that he would get in touch with her regarding doing a panel on rocket technology, or suborbital spaceflight, or private spaceflight, or … whatever.
- Julie also mentioned ConXtreme but that they were mostly an Anime convention.
Adjourned: 9:45 p.m.
General Meeting #318